Tyler J. Oldenburg’s practice is focused on litigation, including all aspects of business disputes, business torts, creditor’s rights and collection work, shareholder/partnership disputes, non-compete litigation, bankruptcy, real estate litigation, and trade secret litigation. Mr. Oldenburg also handles a variety of transactional matters, including real estate transactions, business organization, acquisitions and mergers, leases, employment agreements, and shareholder agreements.
Admitted to Practice
- Admitted in Florida
- Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University, J.D.
- Emory University, B.A.
- The Bolles School
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- The Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Associate
- The Players Championship at Sawgrass, Vice Chairman
- Rotary Club of Deerwood, Member
- Small Business Development Committee at the University of North Florida, 2013-2015, Advisory Council
- Morning Star School in Jacksonville, 2013-2017, Board Member
- The Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Lead trial counsel in a two-week jury trial successfully defending a municipality in a claim for breach of contract and anticipatory breach of contract, which allegedly caused the plaintiff over $12,500,000.00 in lost profits. America’s CNG, LLC v. City of Lake City, Case No.: 2015-511CA, Columbia County, Florida (Defense Verdict on September 23, 2017, which was affirmed on appeal).
- Lead trial counsel in a one week bench trial successfully defending three individuals and their company from claims brought by their former employer, which sought both injunctive and monetary relief, for breach of contract (non-compete and non-solicitation provisions), tortious interference, violations of Florida’s Uniform Trade Secrets Act, and violations of Florida’s Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. Appsoft Development, Inc. v. Remora, Inc., et al, Case No.: 2013-CA-008813, Duval County, Florida (Defense Verdict entered via Order dated November 29, 2013, which was affirmed on appeal)
- .Lead counsel in a multi-million dollar international dispute between an energy company and its logistics provider concerning services provided by the logistics company in Libya. APR Energy, LLC v. Interconex, Inc., Case No.: 2014-CA-2094, Duval County, Florida.
- Lead counsel representing a celebrity in a multi-million dollar shareholder dispute concerning the alleged improper payment of distributions stemming from the sale of tens of millions of dollars’ worth of product on the Home Shopping Network (HSN). West v. Smolens, et al, 2015-CA-5720, Palm Beach County, Florida.
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, 2020
- Florida Super Lawyers: Ones to Watch, 2021