Mr. Birk has practiced with Marks Gray, P.A. since June 1999 and as a partner in the law firm since January 2003. Mr. Birk is a News Media & First Amendment attorney. In addition, he represents clients in municipal liability, E.R.I.S.A. Benefits; Employment; Fair Labor Standards Act; and Products Liability.
Previously, he served as a law clerk to U.S. District Judge Lacy A. Collier. Before becoming a lawyer, Mr. Birk worked as a reporter and editor for The Associated Press in Boston, Miami and Tallahassee from 1983 to 1989. He also worked for the Florida Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles, as Public Information Administrator from 1989 to 1992.
Admitted to Practice
- University of Massachusetts-Amherst, B.A. in Journalism, 1983
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D. with honors, 1995
- Editor-in-Chief of Florida State University Law Review
- Defense Research Institute, Board Member
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- American Bar Association Forum on Communications
- American Bar Association Foundation
- Florida First Amendment Foundation
- Litigation advisory panel