Giselle Carson is a recognized business immigration and compliance attorney. She partners with employers to help them hire and retain global talent and develop effective immigration strategies to remain competitive and compliant in a global economy.
As a two-time immigrant, Ms. Carson has experienced the challenges and joy of immigration. She was born in Cuba, escaped to Canada and later immigrated to the U.S. She now uses her personal and professional experience to help employers and foreign nationals save time, effort and stress by helping them navigate the complexities of immigration law with client-attentive efficiencies and strategic partnership.
Her practice is focused on business immigration. Her work includes helping businesses and individuals obtain work visas, permanent residence status (“green card”) and naturalization. She also guides organizations on immigration compliance including Form I-9 and government audits.
She is a published author and renowned speaker on immigration matters. In 2017, she published her book Beyond the H-1B: A Guide to Work Visa Options for Employers, Foreign Nationals, and Graduating Students. Described as “very well written book, easy to read, easy to understand! This book helps clarify the complex categories of work visas beyond the H-1B. A must read if you are involved in hiring foreign nationals.”
She is married to Jeff, a physical therapist. They are both accomplished Ironman Triathletes and Marathoners. She is fluent in Spanish, French, and English.
Admitted to Practice
- Admitted in 2001, Florida
- McGill University, 1985-1989, BS Physical Therapy
- Florida Coastal School of Law, 1998-2001, J.D.
- Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association, President (2015)
- Jacksonville Women Lawyers’ Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Society of Human Resource Managers (SHRM)
- Chester Bedell American Inn of Court, Barrister
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Peer Rated
- JAXUSA Partnership, International Individual of the Year (2019)
- Florida State Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Florida’s 50 Most Influential Hispanic Business Leaders (2019)
- Attorney at Law, Women in Law, 2019
- American Lawyer & Corporate Counsel and Martindale-Hubbell, Top-Rated Immigration Lawyer (ongoing)
- Girl Scouts, Women of Distinction, 2017
- Jacksonville Daily Record and Financial News, Lawyer of the Year, 2013
- Woman of Influence, 2009
- Super Lawyer by Florida Super Lawyers, 2009-2020
- Florida Trend Magazine, Florida’s Legal Elite
- Leadership Florida, Class of XXXII, 2013
- Leadership Jacksonville Class of 2005
- Jacksonville Aviation Authority, Board Member (Chairwoman, 2018)
- First Coast Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (President, 2008-2009)
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce (General Counsel, 2010-2012)
- City of Jacksonville, Task Force on Consolidated Government, 2014
- Jacksonville University, Board of Advisors (ongoing)
- Jacksonville Women’s Network (ongoing)
- JaxSport Council Board
- Generation W Advisory Council
Speaking Engagements and Published Work
- Frequent Lecturer and Speaker, U.S. Business Immigration Law
- Frequent Published Writer on U.S. Business Immigration Law
- Author of Beyond the H-1B: A Guide to Work Visa Options for Employers, Foreign Nationals and Graduating Students.
- Five Time Ironman Finisher (Including Kona World Championship)
- Six World Marathon Majors Finishers (Boston, NY, Chicago, Tokyo, Berlin and London)
- Dancing with the Stars, Runner-Up Finisher in support of the Jacksonville Children’s Chorus