Mr. Booth is best known for his Aviation Law practice that includes crash litigation, representation of clients before the FAA and NTSB, and serving as legal counsel to airport authorities and aircraft owners and operators. He was the first attorney in Florida to become Board Certified in Aviation Law by the Florida Bar. Mr. Booth is a frequent guest commentator on Jacksonville’s WJXT Channel 4 on topics related to aviation and air safety and appeared on national and international news on matters related to air disasters.
Mr. Booth’s general litigation practice focuses on handling complex civil litigation involving product liability, trucking and transportation, construction, premises liability, and asbestos. His former prosecutor experience strongly positions him to defend white collar criminal matters. Mr. Booth has tried over 50 jury trials in federal and state courts and has received the highest Martindale Hubbell AV rating.
As an experienced pilot and aircraft owner with a multi-engine Air Transport License and over 3,600 hours of flight experience, Mr. Booth has firsthand knowledge of aircraft operations, issues and regulations.
Admitted to Practice
- Florida, 1982
- Supreme Court of the United States, 1985
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1982
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1982
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2016
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2018
Honors & Awards
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, 2006 to present
- Board Certified in Aviation Law by The Florida Bar, 1996 to present
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Aviation Law Committee, Chairman, (1992-1993), Co-Chair (1990-1992)
- Aviation Law Certification Committee, Chairman, (1998-1999), Co-Chair (1995-1998)
- Fourth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee “A”, Chairman, 1996, Co-Chair, 1995
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (Panel Attorney – AOPA Legal Services Plan)
- Lawyer Pilots Bar Association, President, (2007-2008)
- Jacksonville Aviation Authority, (2013-2015)
- National Business Aircraft Association
- Experimental Aircraft Association
- Emory University, Alumni Board of Directors, (2006-2009)
- Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, Sheriff’s Citizen Advisory Council, Zone 3, Chair, (1996-2006)
- Jacksonville Historical Society Board of Directors, President, (2015-2016)
- Rotary Club of South Jacksonville, (1987-Present)
- Episcopal Diocese of Florida, Board of Regents, (1996-2005)
- Jacksonville WJXT Channel 4 Aviation Expert and Legal Analyst Guest Commentator
- National news magazine Inside Edition and Chinese Network SZMG-TV Air Disaster Guest Commentator
- Jacksonville University, Davis College of Business School of Aviation, Adjunct Professor
- Booth frequently lectures at seminars around the country and on a variety of topics related to complex litigation.