Rhonda was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1989 after graduating top of her class from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. Her undergraduate degree was also obtained from the University of Florida where she was an Outstanding Four Year Scholar with a 4.0-grade point average. She began her legal career as a commercial litigator in a full-service Jacksonville, Florida firm, representing corporations and individuals in the areas of business torts, antitrust and unfair competition, class actions, mortgage brokerage receiverships, professional liability, administrative disciplinary matters, bid protests, and real estate litigation. Boggess focuses on insurance coverage issues, defending extra liability claims and appeals in the state and federal courts. In June 2019, Rhonda obtained her Board Certification in Appellate Practice by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education.
Additionally, she has received an AV® Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized as a Florida Super Lawyer in the area of appellate law by Super Lawyers for the years 2015 through 2019.
When Rhonda isn’t busy practicing law, she enjoys spending time with her family, including her husband, Ken, and four children.
Admitted to Practice:
- Florida, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2011
- University of Florida College of Law, 1989. J.D.
- Graduated with high honors
- Order of the Coif, Member
- Appellate Law Student Instructor
- University of Florida, 1986, B.A.
- Golden Key National Honor Society, Member
- Four Year Outstanding Scholar
- Phi Kappa Phi, Member
- Summa Cum Laude
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar (Appellate Section)
- Jacksonville Bar Association
Honors and Awards:
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV-Rated*
- Super Lawyer by Florida Super Lawyers, 2015-2021
- Board Certification in Appellate Practice by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.