Carol leads the team handling complex auto liability insurance coverage matters and related litigation as well as auto insurance extra-contractual litigation. With more than 25 years of experience practicing insurance law, she has litigated and tried cases in the state and federal courts throughout Florida.
Today, Carol focuses her practice on representing insurance carriers in first and third-party insurance bad faith claims, extra-contractual claims, and other insurance coverage matters. She also offers assistance and advice to her clients concerning pre-suit matters, including multi-claimant exposures, conditional settlement demands, civil remedy notice responses, and coverage opinions.
Carol graduated from Stetson University in 1986 with degrees in finance and economics, and she earned her Juris Doctor degree from Stetson University College of Law in 1989. While attending law school, Carol was a member of Stetson’s trial and appellate advocacy teams, placing first place in competitions at the state, regional, and national levels.
Carol’s advocacy skills and her knowledge of the intricacies of Florida’s insurance laws make her a valuable member of the Marks Gray team.
Admitted to Practice
- Admitted in Florida, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Eleventh Circuit
- Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida, 1989, J.D.
- 1st Place ABA National Mock Trial Competition, 1989
- 1st Place ABA Regional Mock Trial Competition, 1989
- 1st Place Chester Bedell State Mock Trial Competition, 1988
- 1st Place Chester Bedell State Mock Trial Competition (Best Advocate), 1989
- 1st Place Florida Workmen’s Compensation Moot Court Competition, 1988
- Stetson University, Deland, Florida, 1986, B.A.
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Alumni Member
- Pinellas County Inn of Court
- The Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Jacksonville Federal Bar Association