Marks Gray is proud of its involvement in the city of Jacksonville and surrounding communities! Our attorneys, paralegals, and support staff dedicate time to helping others and giving back to this great city we call home. We believe that an atmosphere of service and advocacy not only breeds positivity but puts our staff and team in the right mindset to better serve our clients. We recognize the importance of being active in professional and community organizations, both as a means of giving back and as a way of staying tuned into what our great city has to offer.
Numerous Marks Gray attorneys participate in Pro Bono work. We firmly believe that it is our responsibility to use the skill set and experience we have to make a difference in the lives of Northeast Florida residents and businesses. Our team has conducted firm nights at Jacksonville Legal Aid interviewing potential clients and triaging files for legal aid attorneys for the past 10 years. With this service alone, we have provided over 1,000 hours of pro bono legal work to our local community.
In addition to spending time in the community, our Community Service Committee selects one local organization per month to focus our fundraising efforts towards. In 2021, with the help of the firm, raised over $4,000 in donations for 9 local organizations. The firm has also collected donations from attorneys and staff during times of local, national and international crisis. During Hurricane Katrina, the firm raised over $11,500 toward relief efforts. More recently, the firm raised $5,130 for “Faith-Hope-Love Infant Rescue,” a non-profit orphanage in Haiti that was hit hard by the earthquakes in 2010. This non-profit is run by a former Marks Gray employee.
The following is a select sampling of community and charitable organizations we partner with:
- American Red Cross
- Best Buddies of Jacksonville
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Northeast Florida
- Boys Home
- Children’s Home Society of Florida
- Duval County Teen Court Board
- First Coast Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Girl Scouts of Gateway Council
- Hubbard House of Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce
- Jacksonville Commodores League
- Jacksonville Community Council, Inc.
- Jacksonville Historical Society
- Junior League of Jacksonville
- Leadership Jacksonville
- Learn to Read
- March of Dimes
- National Military Family Association
- Navy League of the United States, Jacksonville Council
- One Woman’s Place
- Ronald McDonald House
- Rotary International
- Tom Coughlin Jay Fund Foundation, Board of Directors
- United Way
- Willing Hands