What You Need to Know about the New InfoPass Appointment Process
Jacksonville was one of five local USCIS field offices selected to implement a new InfoPass appointment pilot program. Some information about the program conflicts with our actual experience with the system, so we wanted to share our tips for making and going to your appointment.
- Not all appointment types are currently accepted. The Jacksonville office is temporarily not accepting InfoPass appointments for information services. You can only schedule appointments for document services (such as passport stamps and advance parole) and true emergencies. All other appointments will be cancelled.
- Skip the call and head straight to the website. Though you are supposed to be able to call I-800-375-5283, we were told that they cannot schedule appointments. Instead, visit the USCIS scheduling form here: https://my.uscis.gov/help/schedule/32216. On the form, you’ll need to provide personal and contact information, including your phone number, email address, and a brief explanation of your issue.
- Expect to receive a call quickly. In our experience, you will receive a call from a USCIS representative about a day later. This representative will schedule the appointment, so have your calendar available. We were pleased to be able to schedule an appointment for the morning of the next business day.
- You don’t need your confirmation info. The representative will provide a PIN and authorization code and may say to expect a confirmation email. This email did not arrive for us. However, it was not needed at the appointment, and neither was the PIN or authorization code.
- Check in at the counter when you arrive. Do so even if the security guard tells you that it isn’t necessary. Without checking in, you will wait forever.
Since this is a pilot program, the process may be updated or changed in the future, but we hope these tips make the process smoother for you. If you have a different experience with InfoPass, we would love to hear about it so we can continue to provide up-to-date information to our clients.Share