Latest Updates on the New Form I-9
Giselle Carson Jan 2, 2017 in I-9 and E-Verify
Don’t forget to start using the new Form I-9 for all new employees and any Section 3 reverifications starting on January 22, 2017.
Here are the most important recent updates about the form:
- USCIS has posted a new “paper” non-fillable version of the new revised I-9 on the USCIS website here for use by those who might not be able to use the “smart” I-9.
- Employers using an electronic I-9 vendor should consult with their electronic I-9 service provider as soon as possible to ensure their solution will support the new version of Form I-9.
- Section 1 of the Form I-9 must be completed by the employee regardless if the “smart”, “paper” or “electronic” version of Form I-9 is used.
- USCIS is in process of updating the M-274, Handbook for Employers and has advised employers to refer to the new Form I-9 instructions for the most up-to-date information.
- Agencies – Memos
- Agencies (CBP, DHS, DOL, DOS, USCIS, ICE)
- Business Visitors/ESTA
- Compliance and Enforcement
- Enforcement (ICE)
- HR Resources
- I-9 and E-Verify
- Immigrant Petitions
- Immigration News
- Immigration Team News
- Immigration Tips
- J-1 Trainees/H-3
- Nonimmigrant Petitions
- Permanent Residence – Employment
- Success Stories
- Temporary (Non-immigrant) Work Visas
- Trump Administration