FY2019 H-1B Cap-Subject Petitions Still Untouched Pending Adjudication
It’s hard to believe, but as we start to prepare for another H-1B season, a number of fiscal year 2019 H-1B cap-subject petitions are still pending with the California Service Center.
Many of these petitions have yet to receive their initial review. Essentially, they haven’t even been touched since they were filed and accepted for processing! What’s worse: USCIS has thus far provided no timeframe for when these cases might undergo initial review. They’re just in limbo.
Not surprisingly, these delays harm both foreign nationals and employers. As we prepare for FY2020 H-1Bs, it is vital that employers think about:
- Who you would like to sponsor?
- What status do they currently have?
- What are all of your options based on their background?
To help you plan, sign up for our H-1B prep webinar.Share
- Agencies – Memos
- Agencies (CBP, DHS, DOL, DOS, USCIS, ICE)
- Business Visitors/ESTA
- Compliance and Enforcement
- HR Resources
- I-9 and E-Verify
- Immigrant Petitions
- Immigration News
- Immigration Team News
- Immigration Tips
- J-1 Trainees/H-3
- Nonimmigrant Petitions
- Permanent Residence – Employment
- Success Stories
- Temporary (Non-immigrant) Work Visas
- Trump Administration