Delays and RFEs for Forms I-765 and I-131
Yes, ongoing delays and RFEs ahead for Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, as well as Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
As of September 2018, processing times at the National Benefits Center (NBC) for these forms were as follows:
- For I-765 applications based on pending I-485 adjustment of status applications: anywhere from 4.5 to 6.5 months.
- For all other I-765 applications for employment authorization: 5-7 months.
- For I-131 applications:5 to 6.5 months.
For the first time, we are also seeing RFEs for I-765 and I-131 ancillary applications which were filed concurrently with an I-485 adjustment of status application. These applications despite having extensive documentation relating to the I-485 filing are also getting a “second review”. There is no timeframe for completing these reviews, which is slowing down the entire I-765 and I-131 process.Share
- Agencies – Memos
- Agencies (CBP, DHS, DOL, DOS, USCIS, ICE)
- Business Visitors/ESTA
- Compliance and Enforcement
- HR Resources
- I-9 and E-Verify
- Immigrant Petitions
- Immigration News
- Immigration Team News
- Immigration Tips
- J-1 Trainees/H-3
- Nonimmigrant Petitions
- Permanent Residence – Employment
- Success Stories
- Temporary (Non-immigrant) Work Visas
- Trump Administration