Tips for Avoiding Intellectual Property Litigation
Litigation can be time-consuming, expensive, and damaging to your business’s reputation.
Fortunately, there are steps you can take to reduce your chance of being involved in unnecessary litigation related to IP.
- DO conduct a trademark search to see if anyone else is already using the trademark BEFORE you select a trademark name or logo.
- Do register your trademarks with the State of Florida and/or the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- DO protect your Intellectual Property Assets from competitors and employees.
- Don’t ignore a cease and desist letter accusing you of copyright or trademark infringement; consult an attorney.
- Don’t copy photos from the Internet and use them on your website without paying a licensing fee or obtaining permission from the owner of the photo.
- Don’t plagiarize.
Have questions? Seek the guidance of an experienced intellectual property attorney.Share