Premium Processing Suspension for H-1B Cap-Subject Petitions
USCIS has temporarily suspended premium processing service for FY2021 cap-subject H-1B petitions.
Petitioners won’t be able to request premium processing when USCIS begins accepting cap-subject petitions on April 1.
Premium processing will resume in a two-phased approach during the FY2021 cap season.
- The first phase will include H-1B petitions, including those eligible for the advanced degree exemption, requesting a change of status from F-1 nonimmigrant status. This phase is expected to begin no later than May 27, 2020.
- The second phase will include all other FY 2021 cap-subject petitions and is expected to begin after June 29, 2020.
To stay up-to-date on changes, subscribe to our Immigration News Bites.
- Agencies – Memos
- Agencies (CBP, DHS, DOL, DOS, USCIS, ICE)
- Business Visitors/ESTA
- Compliance and Enforcement
- I-9 and E-Verify
- Immigrant Petitions
- Immigration News
- Immigration Team News
- Immigration Tips
- J-1 Trainees/H-3
- Nonimmigrant Petitions
- Permanent Residence – Employment
- Success Stories
- Temporary (Non-immigrant) Work Visas
- Trump Administration