Immigration Tips from Giselle’s Presentation at the Coleman Roundtable
Giselle was recently invited by a client to snowy and beautiful Minnesota to participate in a Business Roundtable hosted by the distinguished Coleman Law Firm, LLC. There, she shared insights and practical advice on current immigration issues – primarily H-1Bs.
Here are some of the key points.
- The process is a rollercoaster. Celebrate every win.
- The current cap of 65,000 H-1B visas needs to change.
- The adjudicatory process over the last two years has been even more uncertain and discretionary (and sometimes even unlawful) despite the fact that the laws haven’t changed.
- Deference to prior approvals has been eliminated – even multiple prior approvals are now subject to the same scrutiny as an initial filing.
- Double the time required to prepare and process a petition.
- Be persistent, thorough, and strategic!
You can read more about the roundtable here.Share