FAQ: Preparing for Consular Interview
Q: What Should I Do to Prepare for my Consular Processing Interview?
A. This can be a stressful process. You are not automatically guaranteed a visa. Most applicants, but not all, will have an appointment at the Visa Application Center (OFC), followed by an appointment at the Embassy or Consulate. The following questions and answers are intended you prepare you and facilitate the process.
How should I prepare my documents?
– Do not staple documents together. Please use binder clips as necessary.
– Submit clear and legible photocopies of all documents required.
- Agencies – Memos
- Agencies (CBP, DHS, DOL, DOS, USCIS, ICE)
- Business Visitors/ESTA
- Compliance and Enforcement
- I-9 and E-Verify
- Immigrant Petitions
- Immigration News
- Immigration Team News
- Immigration Tips
- J-1 Trainees/H-3
- Nonimmigrant Petitions
- Permanent Residence – Employment
- Success Stories
- Temporary (Non-immigrant) Work Visas
- Trump Administration